Thank you for choosing to serve in our parish. We have a few housekeeping details to attend to, and one of them is making certain that all volunteers are in compliance with the Diocesan regulations and they have the appropriate clearances.
Who Needs Clearances?
Eucharistic Ministers. Lectors, Ministry to Homebound, Money Counters, Ushers, Canotrs, Choir Members, Faith Formation Volunteers, and all volunteers. For the complete list, you may want to check out the Diocese website.
Links to Needed Clearances
- PA Criminal History Check https://epatch.state.pa.us.
- PA Child Abuse Form. https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis These can both be completed online through links on the Diocesan site (http://www.dioceseofgreensburg.org/about/Pages/childservices.aspx#criminal). Note that as a volunteer there is no fee for either of these clearances. The printed form can be found here.
- Affidavit. The form can be found here , but you will be responsible for having it notarized.
- PA Mandated Reporter Training (https://www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu/). The link can be found on the Diocesan site right above the criminal history check. (You do not need this is you are under the age of 18.)
- Read the Pastoral Code of Conduct. (https://www.dioceseofgreensburg.org/about/Documents/Greensburg_Code_of_Pastoral_Conduct.pdf ) We have a copy in the office if you would like to read it offline.
- VIRTUS Training. You must register online http://www.virtusonline.org. You will have the option to attend a live training on specific dates, or you may complete it online. Know that if you plan to do it online you will need to do it at the same time that you register. It takes about 45 minutes. If you do not go through the course when you register, it will not let you take the session online at a later date.
If you have any questions, or need assistance, don't hesitate to contact the office, or email email@example.com